Juicing fruits and vegetables provides many health benefits.
Juicing is a great way to get nutrients into your body from the fruits or vegetables that you may not normally include in your diet.
When juicing, you do retain most of the vitamins, minerals and plant chemicals (phytonutrients) that are found in the whole versions of those foods.
According to Dr. Oz, valuable compounds called flavonoids and anthocyanins are abundant in a variety of fruits and vegetables.
When juicing, make only as much as you can consume immediately because as Dr. Oz notes, juice that is saved and consumed later can harbor bacteria and result in food poisoning.
Before juicing, wash fruits and vegetables thoroughly to remove dirt and pesticides. Thoroughly rinse your cutting utensils and cutting boards.
Benefits of juicing:
- Juicing floods the body with nutrients.
- It’s a great way to consume raw produce.
- Juicing produces good eating habits.
- For those who have trouble consuming whole vegetables, juicing is an alternative to help you get the nutrients vegetables and fruit have to offer.
- A diet high in fiber and fruits and vegetables can help prevent cancer, heart disease, as well as other diseases.
- Fresh juice is filled with living enzymes, essential minerals, antioxidants, and natural antibiotics.
Juicing can also help you reach your weight loss goals.